photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Thursday 8 July 2010

Lou's Lovelies :: Pink Chiffon Corsage


Aloha Bloggerinos,

With Mattmoo's Mother's birthday coming up, and our lack-of-money-due-to-big-white-wedding situation, I decided to put my creative hat on and I made her the gorgeous delicate corsage. What do you think?



I have decided I will be making more of these and selling them to boutiques, shops and at craft fairs. Aside from the one and only corsage on in my lovely little shop, you won't find any more there, unless you have a custom order.

I have come to the decision not to sell these in my etsy shop for this reason (serious part here!): I took inspiration for these little lovelys on one of my favourite blogs Sunshine and Carousels. Erin Wilson also sells these in her etsy shop and I feel that for me to do the same would be a like stealing. Erin uses this technique and makes the most wonderful hair clips, brooches and sashes. Check her out!

I feel comfortable making and selling them to shops etc in England because Erin lives across the pond in America, but I think to encroach upon her etsy market would be very uncool, and as I always say, what goes around comes around.

I am selling lots of lovely pretties that I have made with love and care and hope you take the time to have a looksie!

Do you think I'm being a bit sentimental or playing fair?

Toodlepip!

xx

3 comments:

  1. I think is very sweet of you to think that way. Something I would do :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shadow. I thought maybe I should be a cut throat business woman but that's just not how crafts work, it's much more gentle and civilised!
    I think people work so hard to make a living from creating and they should be respected for their good ideas.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's just too much "me me me" these days. I think it's really sweet that you're thinking of others.
    I checked out your shop and you have very cute things. No doubt you'll do just fine with your lovely crafts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg