photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Monday 4 April 2011

Mothering Sunday

Aloha Bloggerinos,

Firstly, Happy Mothering Sunday to all those Mummy Bloggerinos out there, I hope you had a really pampered lovely day :)

My day was happy, sad, frustrating and exciting- that's a lorra lorra emotions non?

As you may have noticed from my lack of "I've had a baby" posts, I still haven't given birth. I never, ever thought I would be one of those women who go 2 weeks over and I'm gutted. I read that Mylene Klass (who's book I LOVED) had her first daughter Ava, at 36 weeks and 6 days and had hoped I'd be similar. She has since had her second daughter Hero (thoughts on the name?) and so I bet she had a busy Mothering Sunday.

Anyone care to guess the weight of Baby Glitter when she's born? I reckon about 5 stone.

My second stretch and sweep (shudder) clearly hasn't worked, nor has vigorous birth ball bouncing, pineapple (despite being allergic and my lips and mouth swelling up a fair bit!), walking, bumpy roads in the car and rudeytudeycoupletime, so I have been booked in for an induction this week. I'm uber nervous but know I can't go on like this a much longer!

Clearly, this was the frustrating part of my day, that I sttillllll don't have my Baby Glitter to cuddle. Amazingly though, she managed (with perhaps a little help from Mattmoo) to bring me croissants, nutella, and orange juice in the fancy glasses (does anyone else have glasswear that they save for special visitors and are too frightened to use themselves?! haha) annnddd a really nice card thanking me for being so comfy and womby. What a clever fetus! Also, my chum Charly dropped a card through my door from Baby Glitter, which I thought was really sweet of her to think of me. This, was the happy part of my day.


What was the exciting part then Louise? Well chummies, we went to one of my favourite places ever (prepare to think me very lame)...IKEA!!! I love, love, love wandering round IKEA. Matt and I play 'Fantasy Home' and we pretend the little show rooms are in our house and I pop in to visit him in his snazzy study or he pops in to my kitchen for a hearty stew hahaha. Today we bought this goorrrgeous big chest of drawers, primarily for my obscenely large makeup collection and I'm so impressed at Matt for assembling it all. We also bought a bedside table in a similar design and a big print that will go in out front room that we are redecorating and are going to be terrifically pompous and call the 'Sun Room', mwahaha. I'm super excited to organise all my makeup into this- would you like to see pictures once it's done? I won't put any up unless you ask because I don't want to be a poncy show-off.


Sad part of the day. Well, if you have been reading a while you will know that my Mum died of cancer when I was 7 and Mothering Sunday is always a day I think of her a little bit more than all the other days. I know people always say lovely things about people who have passed away, but she really truly was a very special person. She did so much good for people and brought a lot of joy to the world.

Here's just one example to show what I mean. When I was 4 or 5, Mum and Dad went on a little trip to Moscow so see the sights and soak up the culture (I didn't go). Whilst there, they met a family which was a Mother and her 2 young daughters. They were living in extreme poverty in awful accommodation and life was a misery. Mum and Dad came home from their trip but my Mum couldn't shake her meeting with the family. She wasn't sure what she could do to make a huge change but knew she wanted to do something. By now it was December. She flew back to Moscow, found the family, went to some kind of Embassy (my Dad will know the exact details if you really want to know) and Mum refused to leave until she had to forms she needed to bring the Mother (Elaina) and her 2 daughters (Katya and Marsha) back to the UK. They came and stayed with us for Christmas and I remember how amazed they were at EVERYTHING. When we went to Tesco for the Christmas shop, Elaina was gobsmacked because she had never seen a place with so much food as she had had to queue for hours just to buy the basics. The family had a brilliant Christmas with all the trimmings and presents but then it was time for them to go back to their real lives. My Mum couldn't stand it and helped them sort out visas, a job for Elaina, school places for the girls and a place to live with furniture, clothes, toys, the lot. This kind of thing wasn't unusual for my Mum. Perhaps in another post I will tell you more of her crazy amazing adventures. Last I heard (about 10 years ago), the Russian family were living in happily in London. I'd love to find them and get back in touch.

Hmm that was a bit waffly but I just wanted to demonstrate the goodness she did. I miss her everyday and wish now more than ever that I could pick up the phone and say hello or get in her clapped out white astra and go shopping with her. I wish she could touch my bump and feel Baby Glitter kick, come with me to my antenatal appointments and then cuddle her grandaughter.

I know people say "she's looking down on you" and I don't disbelieve this, but it's not the same as really being here. Now that I have Baby Glitter to make Mothering Sunday special, I feel a lot more at peace with it all, so this is a positive indeed.

So that's it for my little update. In other news I have a few Lou's Reviews to post, we had our first BBQ of the year yesterday (the best bit was when Matt said to me "I'm just going to the loo, if the flames get too high, put the lid on it", ummmm no, I'm not a fire fighter and I'm a walking whale!), Mindycat has gone nuts and has taken to licking the cushion of my bedroom chair (most unsavoury of her) and that's about it really.

Seeing as I'm giving birth this week (cripes!!), I perhaps won't be on too much, but rest assured I will be back and won't forget you- don't forget me either please!!

Toodlepip!

xx

36 comments:

  1. *hugs* I cried nearly everyday past my due date, have you tried reflexology I hear it's quite effective :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That story is beautiful, such a lovely thing to do. I love to read things like this, so thank you for posting :)
    Im sorry your mother isn't here today so you can share this special day with her, but as you said she is up there looking down on you and next year you will have a little one to share it with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a really nice post to read. Not in that way, but it was lovely to hear about some of the things that your Mum did. If you do get back in touch with that Russian family, do let us know.

    Clever foetus indeed! Veritable genius in fact :P So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy your blog. I was induced with my first child. You will do just fine. I hope it all goes very smoothly and easily for you...cannot wait to see a photo of that beautiful baby. Hold on tight! The big ride will be when the baby starts talking back! haha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes yes, please post pics of your new decor when it is finished. If you get flack for it, you can blame it on me.

    Your mom sounds like a truly amazing person.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oohhh lou, every paragraph had me in tears !! please do show your new storage that would be brill :) thankyou x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mum sounds like an amazing woman and I would love to hear more stories about her :) :)
    Good Luck with giving birth this week, sooooooo excited for you it really is a magical moment and cant wait to see the baby. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reading all that I just want to give you a massive hug!!
    All the best for the birth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mum sounds like such an inspiration :) What an incredible thing she did for that family.
    I really do hope you post more stories about her!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to see pics of your make up collection, wow wat an amazong woman your mum was ! and good luck with baby glitter :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh you made me shed a lil tear this morning! I lost my Pops to cancer December 09, it's still very raw, I don't think the pain will ever go away. Good Luck with Baby Glitter, I can't wait to read Zoes update to know you're both ok. Yoi'll be having bubba snuggles soon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry you haven't had her yet, but yay for her coming this week :) the picture of you is completely stunning, you look so beautiful - pregnancy suits you (people say this all the time... not sure if it actually makes sense or you think it rude, it's meant as a compliment I swear!).
    Good luck!!

    http://notsocountry.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading your blog ... your posts are so lovely! you look stunning on the photo above :) hope everything goes well with baby glitter cant wait to see her! x

    http://jlalambmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That story about your mum is so lovely, it made me cry! She sounds like such an amazing woman. Good luck with the birth this week, we're all so excited for you! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. love love love reading your posts :) sorry to hear that baby glitter still hasn't made an apperance espically on mothers day! but glad that she sent a card to say sorry :P lovely story about your mummy made me a bit teary :) hope things go well on tuesday for you!!! and definatly show us your makeup storage!! your chest of drawers is really pretty!! xx

    saarahfrances.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a moving post. fingers crossed baby glitter arrives soon happy and healthy both herself and you. she is lucky to have a mum like you =) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowee that is a huge bump!!

    Good luck for your induction, can't wait to see Baby Glitter xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You will be as good as your own mum, and she must be so proud of you. Good luck with Baby Glitter, can't wait to see baby updates :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lou, what an incredible and inspiring woman your Mum was :) I can see now where your compassionate nature and positive outlook come from, you've clearly inherited your mum's qualities. Bestest of best luck for the induction, can hardly wait to see pics of Baby Girl Glitter! XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  20. The picture of you in this post is beautiful! Perfect baby bump and you look super pretty! Good luck with everything xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a moving post! Such a lovely story about your Mum! Made me well up a bit!

    Good luck for the birth - can't wait to see baby glitter! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. i was thinking about you the other day wondering if you had had baby glitter. Glad you had a great day and next year youll have baby glitter there for mothers day.

    Cant wait to see baby glitter and hope the birth goes well when you go in.

    And we wont forget you

    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This has to be my fav post of yours!

    I wish you the best of luck for the birth, and I hope it isn't too long-I think Baby Glitter has been in there long enough now!
    You're going to be a fantastic Mummy and your Mum is going to be so proud of you! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. i'm sure baby glitter will be here soon! good luck with it all lovely, you'll be fine!
    you mum sounded like such a nice person. she obviously passed on these genes to you!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. With the lack of posts-4days-did wonder if Baby Glitter had made her entrance!
    A lovely post Lou, Baby G is very lucky having you as a mum.
    Hope she pops out without the induction, but sure you'll both be fine whatever happens.
    Looking forward to the first pictures!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. aww. the story about your mum made me tear up. what a wonderful amazing mum and you will be too. your mum will be so proud of you. your gonna be a fantastic mum. good luck for this week. thinking of you and cant wait to hear the news of baby glitters arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely picture! Even at 9 months pregnant you look so good !! We can't wait to meet Baby glitter and hear how it went. Good luck to you today, you'll be in my thoughts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I saw on twitter that you are being induced today. I hope everything goes well! xx

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aww, I hope baby glitter comes soon! It seems like she just never wants to come out. Good luck today! I can't wait to see the baby and hear about all the wonderful news. [:

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, the story about your mum is so lovely, she sounds like she was a amazing woman! :D
    I hope Baby Glitter makes her appearance soon, she likes to keep you waiting! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love, Hugs and good luck! This post actually made me cry. Especially about your mum, my mum is my best friend and I don't know what I would do without her. Massive hugs! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good luck with you induction xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good luck with the delivery! Hope you had a really lovely Mother's Day! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly! Your mother sounds like a special person! I would love to read more about her adventures! You are going to be a fantastic mother! :)
    Much love,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your mother had such a compassionate soul. It was really nice to hear such a lovely story about her. Have you ever gotten in touch with the Russian family? And Matt seems like such a great husband too! I am so happy that you are so happy! :)
    www.scatteringsparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg